Sunday, July 20, 2008

11 Years!

I am so lucky to be married to the most handsome, devoted, caring, loving, understanding (<--- that one is big cause I am very hard to understand at times) romantic, fun, humorous, hard working person! I love you Andrew, & it does not seem possible that it has been 11 yrs! Time flies when having fun! Thank you for all you do for us. I couldn't be happier! 

Last night Andy & I celebrated our anniversary. He worked all day doing things around the house & then later in the evening with the kiddos asleep we ordered take out at Romano's Macaroni Grill. It was yummy & we had the lights turned down in our room reminiscing about our wedding day trying to think of every detail. During the day we'd stop for a minute of what we were doing & look at each other & say, "At this time 11 yrs ago we were doing" & then say whatever it was that took place at that time! It was a fun day & very relaxing romantic evening :) Thanks Andy! I love you babe! Here's to many many many many many more! :)

12 comments:

Danny and Veronica said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a romantic day-good job Andy!

Erin & Daren said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!
We can't believe it is 11 years as well!Cogratulations!

Eric and Amy said...

Yeah, Happy Anniversary! We had it on our calendar, but with the crazy day we had on Saturday, we forgot to call or email. Sorry! Glad to hear you had a blast reminiscing that special day. I love to go back and watch my wedding video around the time of our anniversary. So fun!
Love the wedding pic you posted too. Andy, look at those gorgeous locks of hair....what happened? :)

acte gratuit said...

K-I'll tell you what I remember! And since I'm self-centered, it's going to be about me.

Mel, you said, (that day) "see if there's anyone who comes tonight that you want me to set you up with so we can double." So, I sat at your book, instructing people to sign in...
and then Esteban walked in. And I waited about 20 seconds before running over to you and saying "HIM! I WANT YOU TO SET ME UP WITH HIM!!!"

And you did.
And it was so fun.
And then I had to quit dating him so I wouldn't fall madly in love with a Catholic boy.

Good times...good times...!

Oh, I also remember:
"It started over coffeeeee, it started out as frieeeeeeends, funny how...blah blah blah...best things blah end......"

I also remember how hot you looked (Mel) and how happy you both were!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
CONGRATS!!!

Mel said...

Em you are so funny! I totally remember Esteban! He's married & I can't remember why we didn't attend his wedding or reception (I think I just had Gavin but can't recall) Oh & I was thinking that you need to tell Doug that you'll stay in the U.S. & wait for his return! I miss you & Japan is tooooo far! Not like we saw a lot of each other but you know what I mean. And also as I read your blog today I came up with the conclusion that for your blog backdrop you better have something very Japanise when you finally get there! Oh the pressure is on now! Love you girl! Happy safe traveling with your boys! :)

Mel said...

Oh & Em I stole your Mom my Ride post... hope you don't mind. It fits me though just ask my mom it drives her crazy that Kristen & I drive around in dirty cars & vans!

Mel said...

Hey Em do you also remember (Andy just reminded me) How we all almost died when we double dated with you guys! He drove like a race car driver except you were up front with him so it was probably not as scary. As for Andy I were crammed in the back & saying our prayers that we would make it alive! That was a fun date though! :) :)

acte gratuit said...

1. Yes, I think you're right. A new back ground will be in order. And I must admit, I HAVE considered staying home to "hold down the fort" (even though we sold our fort so I don't even have a fort to hold...) while Doug dentils all over Japan! But alas, I need help taming the hellians--I mean boys--so it's a no-go.

2. I'm very glad you're posting the video. It's so funny/sad/true/pathetic/true/appropriate/true. At least for me and my "Mom Van".

3. Oh! He did love fast (Italian) cars and racing! I forgot about the Fear Factor part of the date! Pretty funny! I remember feeling so happy on that date because I felt like I was having a great hair day. (I had really short hair, so those were few and far between.)

Oh, and plus he was super hot, so there was that too.

(This is what happens when Doug leaves for a month to go to boot camp. I get all nostalgic for 'the Latin Lover'.)

(Kristen and Shawn, you better not tell Doug I wrote that!)

(Uh, Esteban doesn't read your blog, does he?)

(No one I know reads your blog, RIGHT?!?)

MISS YOU TOO!
Love ya,
Em

sarahmontgomery said...

congradulations you guys!!! I remember that day everything was so beautiful!! time totally flys by fast it scary.

Lindsey from The R House said...

congrats!

i wanted to say thanks for your sweet comment the other day. i would love to add you to my "adoption peeps" if you are cool with that. just let me know. shoot me a comment or an email.

much love ...sounds like you already have lots of that! :)

mrs. r

Unknown said...

Happy day to you guys...we are right behind you. it will be 11 for us on aug 15th.

I remember your day and I was glad to be a part of the happy HAPPY occasion..you guys are the best.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mel, Thought I would say hello. Found you through Alice's blog. Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you celebrated kinda like we have many times in the past 18 years.

Jenny (Ewing)