So, here's my proud moment or moments. Yesterday we called Gavin in from playing. It was getting dark & time for dinner. Andy & I stood outside as we called for him to come home. We noticed that instead of riding his scooter he was walking with it. When he got closer we noticed he was holding his scriptures & journal. At dinner we asked why he had taken his scriptures & journal outside & he said because a friend of Emma's asked why she could not spend the night. Gavin began telling her friend it's because we go to church the next day & that we don't do those kind of things on a Saturday night. He said to us, "I showed her what we believed, I showed her my scriptures." Andy & I just sat there & smiled. Just when you think nothing is sinking into their brains it is & that is when you feel proud & that you have accomplished something as a parent. Then my next proud moment & this was more cute then anything but I was sitting in Emma's room with her when all of a sudden she gets super excited & turned to me & says, "Aren't you excited that we get to return to Heavenly Father in the Heavens one day. It made me kinda cry & I blame it mostly cause my hormones are whack but I am so proud of our children. They try so hard to do what is right. I am glad I can be their mommy & I am happy that I get 1 more chance with another. Now if I could master how to put them to bed & have them sleep decent hours of the night I'll be set!
6 comments:
Like you I worried about others reading my blog that I might not know of. I put a live traffic feed that I could click on and see where everyone was coming from. I changed my childrens real names to nick names. Fear is an aweful thing to have when your trying to share with family and friends all the wonderful things you are doing. If you go private please include me in you invite. I want to keep in touch. Just know your not the first one to have these feelings. I love blogging and would not change a thing now. I love my live feed. You can click off of mine to get your own. It might help to see how much traffic you really get. You will know who is family and who is not. Mine is on my side bar as the last thing.
Wow Mel that is soo cool with what Gavin did.Hes a great example to his neighborhood friends. I can totally see Emma saying that. That is way cute. We miss you guys.
These special stories make up for everything else!
We changed our blog address- if you want it:)
http://halfofadozeninca.blogspot.com Instead of going private i decided to just change the address so I wasn't using our last name.
Cool thanks Jenn. I was wondering what happened to you!
The background website works again! I've also added you to my blog!
You guys are doing a great job as parents, and yes, even though you think you're doing the right parental things, it sure is nice every once and a while to have moments like that to confirm you're on the right track!!! That's awesome -- sure beats being told you're a lazy parent because you didn't want to jump up and go get something in the basement for your child right after you've spent the whole day cleaning the darn house!!!! Oh, and PS - the only reason we can get our kids to bed at a decent hour is due to one word --- medication!!! We'ld be in trouble without it!!! Have a great week and make sure you write that story down somewhere so you can remember it when you're kids do something really embarrassing! Q
Post a Comment