Monday, February 2, 2009

My Birthday


My birthday was the 24th of January & it started on Friday night. We took the kids to my mom's house to spend the night & then Andy & I went to dinner at El Torito. I must say the food was not all good but he company was nice :) We then came home to a verty quite house & just relaxed. In the morning (my birthday) Andy took me to Angelo's to get a ham & cheese croissant which was way yummy then we headed to the mall. Andy bought me perfume from Clinique called "Happy in Bloom" I also got a cute pink beach bag for spending lots of money there. If you haven't gotten yours yet Quincey you better hurry. The bag is way cute. It's for the beach or pool. Later that evening we went to my mom's house to have dinner. My mom made a sweet pork dish with rice & beans that you wrap up into a flour tortilla . It's a recipe from  Cafe Rio (very popular restaurant in Utah!)  VERY GOOD!!!! We then had German Chocolate Cake which Kristen insisted on putting all 37 candles on as you can see from the picture. Grandma was thankful Kristen was not at her 92nd birthday this year cause she would have put all 92 candles on her cake!  Overall I had a wonderful day. :) 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great birthday, I'm glad you had a nice time. Even as old as my kids are, every now and then it's nice to have just an evening with just Troy and I. I'll definitely have to check out the Clinique thing -- but I suspect I'm too late on that one.

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Eric and Amy said...

Wow! What fun! Gee...you had your house all to yourself, eh ;). So glad everyone was able to make it so special for you! Andy gets lots of brownie points!