Thursday, July 30, 2009

I LAG!!!!!

Okay so I suck at keeping up with my blog so sue me!  If you must know I have been somewhat on the cripple side. I fell asleep on my right arm & froze the muscles. I could not move my arm for a about a week. It was terrible. I could not hold Landon (who by the way is growing toooooo dang fast)  I could not get dressed by myself nor do anything else. I still can't raise it above my head but I am not in pain anymore so that's a good thing... I must say though there was a lesson that was taught to me during all this & that is I have taken for granted how much my hands, feet, eyes, fingers MY WHOLE BODY means to me.. I mean I know it's a wonderful gift from God but seriously how many of us get down on our knees & thank Heavenly Father for our bodies. You don't realize how much you miss something (such as a vital working organ in  your body) till it's gone. Another thing I learned while being in bed & very motionless is that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Here I was moaning & complaining about my dumb arm when a dear friend of mine sister's  husband fell 30 ft up from a tree & shattered both ankles & broke his back.. & also I might mention his wife (my friend's sister) gave birth to their 4th child the day after.  Here is this person that just gave birth & has a husband that is on bed rest for who knows how long & I'm complaining about a dumb arm & the most humble thing about it is that I KNOW my friend's sister is not complaining cause it's not her personality (if you knew the family you would know what I am talking about)  

So, I guess this post is dedicated in a way to my friend & to the rest of her family... You guys are awesome! I love you all & it frustrates me knowing that I can't help out... I would love to be there to help  any way I can.  My prayers go out to you!

4 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Holy crap, Mel! What an awful ordeal. So sorry to hear what you've been going through. Hopefully the fam's been a big help to you. When Momma's out of commission, life just stops :). Hope you are feeling better and will get that arm back soon.

And what a horrific story of your friend. They will be in our prayers.

And we want to see more pics of Landon!!!! How is the little man??!!

Anonymous said...

I know who you speak of and pray all is well with them. If you hear of any up dates will you let me know?

Sorry about your arm. So glad it is getting better.

Jenn said...

I'm glad your arm is feeling better. Life doesn't stop when mom does. I heard about Renee and her family they are in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Oh Mel. You are too sweet. I will send Renee over for some love blog style.

They are doing really well.

love you even if you are a blog slacker.

hey, I am a blog slacker too.