Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Turning 5 & Shots!!!

Every Tuesday I babysit for my sister. It's really cool cause she teaches music & so with exchange she teaches Emma for free & I babysit her children. Well today, & I'm not even sure how the conversation started but Emma & Evan (my nephew) were talking about their ages. Evan is 6 months older than Emma. Emma very excitedly tells Evan that when she turns 5 she will get shots & then get to go to school with her dad. Evan looked kind of puzzled & then the conversation ended.

So fast forward to later this afternoon. I'm driving home from my sister's house & Emma is exhausted. She fell asleep & on the way home I stopped by my mom's to pick something up. I pull away from my mom's  & little Miss awoke with tears in her eyes cause I did not wake her up to see grandma even though grandma was not there. Then half way home she screams, "I don't want shots! I just want to go to school with my dad".  I know I shouldn't have laughed cause it made things worse but it was just so out of the blue & kinda funny. Oh & then again at dinner we had another break down about the shots. So come June we will have to see if she goes through with it ( not like she has a say in it or not)  I really need to watch what I say around her.  She picks up on EVERYTHING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just went through this when Bubee/Bradley had his shots in August. He loves school!

Atkin Family said...

That's a great story -- love it!! Kids are so funny and so perceptive. My suggestion, just lie to her and tell her that maybe they'll change the rule and she won't have to get shots!!!! That way, you'll save yourself six months of torture and tears--- and then about 1 day before you go to get shots say they couldn't change the rule and you'll give her a big treat if she'll be a big girl!!!! Q

Renee said...

Nothing wrong with Bribery!