Monday, February 2, 2009

Words of Emma

On Wednesday Emma's preschool teacher told the class that there would be a new student on Monday. She told the class that the boy's name was Aaron & Emma raised her hand & asked, "Is he handsome"?  Her teacher told me this today & another mom was standing next to me & says "Why, if he's ugly was she not going to come"? Don't ask me where she comes up with this stuff. She is so funny. She keeps me on my toes. When I picked her up today from school I asked her if Aaron was handsome & she said, "Oh yes mom, but he's kinda short." She sure keeps us laughing.

And now for a yummy Monday night recipe:   Magic Cookie Bar (it's easy)

1/2 cup melted margarine

1 1/2 cup  graham cracker crumbs

1 cup of chopped nuts (I use walnuts) 

1 cup chocolate chips

1 1/2 cup flaked coconut

1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

Pour melted butter into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over. Sprinkle nuts evenly over crumbs. Scatter choc. chips over nuts. Sprinkle coconut over choc. chips  & pour the milk evenly over coconut. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (do not over bake; does not taste good.) Cool in pan for 15 min. Cut into bars & gobble up :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

MMMm, the magic cookie bar sounds great -- I wish I had one ounce of energy to make that, maybe you could make it and send it to me!!! Such a cute story about Emma -- I love it!! Kids have such an honest and candid way of sharing their world!

Eric and Amy said...

Yum! And Emma is hilarious! I wish we lived closer!!!