I woke up this morning to a breakfast table that was decorated with presents & tulips. Andy made us crepes with lots of various fruits & whip cream. My sweet kids greeted me with a hug this morning & with homemade gifts (the best presents of all) Gavin painted blocks blue with the words "MOM" on them & Emma made me a key chain. I love my calling as a mom. I love watching my kids grow & learn. I sometimes wonder if they hear what I try to teach them & that split second I lose hope & want to run away they surprise me & they truly do listen & learn & it makes being a mom so worth while. I want to pay tribute to my mom this day for loving me as she does for taking on my challenges along with me. For never giving up on this little red headed kid :) Thanks mom for teaching me the gospel for making me see the light when I needed to see it the most. Thank you for always having the best answers in the world when I needed help finding them. You are the BEST MOM EVER!!! You never give up & you are always there for another person in need. I hope 1 day my kids will see that in me! I LOVE YOU! Happy Mother's Day Mom :)
I would also like to pay tribute to Andy's mom (Midge) Thank you, for raising such a loving man! He has taught me so much & continues to do so. Our kids are so lucky to have him as a daddy. And I am truly blessed to have him as a husband for eternity! I love you & appreciate all that you stand for. Happy Mother's Day Midge!
Lastly I wanted to share the little note Emma gave me:
My Mom (and me) by Emma:
My mom's name is Melanie and Mom. She has black hair and blue eyes. My mom is 2 feet tall & weighs 50 pounds. She is 5 years old.
One of my favorite foods that my mom makes is chicken.
I really like it when she makes me strawberry cupcakes.
My mom likes to tickle me and especially likes when I sleep in my room. I love her because she's my mom.
I often hear my mom say, "Clean your room!"
but my favorite thing she says is, "I love you!"
My mom is nice to me!
5 comments:
So cute!! I love Emma's card! Happy Mother's Day!
How sweet! Happy Mother's Day!
Melanie, you are priceless and I love you always!
Happy Mother day Mel! Daren made me crepes with fruit too! Way cool!
Beautiful tribute! And I love what Emma and Ethan and Andy did for you. You have an amazing family. So glad they took such good care of you on your special day!
Post a Comment